Rules are things that people have to follow. When people work together, there should always be rules for people to follow. Wikibooks need all people to follow rules so that it can function.
The Wikimedia Foundation has made rules that can never be changed, because all projects must follow them.
- Wikipedia:Neutral point of view is the most important editing guideline.
- Anyone can edit articles without registering for a username.
- The "wiki process" as the way to decide what is put on the project.
- All writing is available by copyleft licensing. Wikipedia uses the GFDL license.
- Jimbo Wales is the ultimate authority on any matter. This is changing; see the Board of Trustees.
- Other rules
List of Hard Rules
List of Soft Rules
These are rules for writing articles for the Simple English Wikipedia.