The hooker stands in between the props in the front row of the scrum. They also throw the ball in for lineouts.
In the Scrum
- Hook the ball back with their feet
- This includes trying to steal the ball from the opponents, as well as:
- Hooking the ball back on your teams put-in.
- Help push the other team back once the ball has been hooked
In General Play
- Follow the ball around, to support the runner
- Be ready to run the ball into the other team's defense
- Be ready to tackle the other team's big players
- Be active in the ruck.
- Call the play
- Make a good throw-in